HRC Contract Cancellation Request Form
After the Contract Cancellation Committee reviews your request, you will be notified of the committee's decision via email to your crimson email account. For anyone requesting cancellation for reason(s) other than a student will not be attending the UA, please allow up to two weeks.
Please Note the following:
- This form is a request for cancellation, and it is being submitted for Contract Cancellation Committee review. You are NOT guaranteed approval unless you will not be attending UA.
- Students will not be released from their contracts at any time to move to off-campus housing or to a sorority or fraternity house.
- All cancellation fees, prorated housing charges, and other charges as stipulated by the housing contract will apply, in the event that cancellation is granted. If a cancellation request is denied, the student is responsible for fulfilling all of the terms and conditions (including payment, damage fees, etc.) of the contract.
- Students who are still enrolled at UA after their cancellation request is approved will be charged a $500 cancellation charge.
- If a refund is owed after a cancellation is approved, before any refunds are issued, all financial obligations to The University of Alabama must be satisfied.
- Students requesting contract cancellation after October 10th, but prior to the opening of the halls for spring semester, will be responsible for rent through the end of the fall semester. Students requesting cancellation after March 1st will be responsible for rent through the end of the spring semester.