Room Design Contest
Contest open for submissions: Tuesday, Sept. 6 - Friday, Sept. 23
Judging: Monday, Sept. 26 - Friday, Sept. 30
Prizes: Target card, either $25, $50, or $100
Prizes awarded: the week of Oct. 3, 2016
By entering the contest, students agree to the terms and conditions below:
- All photos are in compliance with Community Living Standards, found here: http://housing.ua.edu/on_campus/com_living_standards.cfm
- Entering the contest grants Housing and Residential Communities at The University of Alabama a perpetual, royalty-free license to use, alter, modify, distribute and brand all media gathered for their purposes at their discretion.
- Only registered undergraduate students who are also on-campus residents are eligible to enter.
- Only one entry per bedroom (single and double rooms count as one bedroom and one entry). You must have all roommates (sharing the same bedroom only) agree to participate in the contest, suitemates need not participate. To enter into the suite category as well, all suitemates must agree to participate and be listed above.
- Your submission must include 3 - 5 photos of your room.
- All entries will be reviewed and a selection of them will be chosen for the final judging. Rooms to be judged will be contacted via email to set up a proper time to see the room during the week of September 26.
- A panel of judges will choose winners based on creativity, use of color, school spirit, theme, and overall design.
- In order to be judged, at least one roommate must be available in the room during judging. If you are not available during any of the available judging times, you may submit additional photos, and HRC will judge your space from your photo submissions.
- Housing staff, including Community Directors, Resident Advisors, Freshman Advisors and ARC executives are NOT eligible; ARC council members ARE eligible.
- Winners will be reported to The University of Alabama for tax purposes.
- HRC reserves the right to not award a prize in a specific building if there are less than four submissions from that building.
- Prizes will be awarded for the following: Best Double, Best Suite, and Best of Building (may be a single in a suite) for Blount, Bryant, Bryce Lawn, Burke, Friedman, Harris, The Highlands, Lakeside, Parham, Paty, Presidential I & II, Ridgecrest East & West, Ridgecrest South, Riverside, Somerville and Tutwiler.
How to enter:
1. Tweet photos for your submission using these hashtags:
#RollTideRooms and the category you are entering, i.e. #tutwiler, #bestdouble, #diy, #tip, etc.
2. Follow @UAHousing on Twitter so we can direct message you for more info throughout the contest.
Category Hastag Options
#bestsingle, #bestdouble, #bestsuite, #diy, #tip
#blount, #bryant, #brycelawn, #burke, #friedman, #harris, #highlands, #lakeside, #parham, #paty, #presvillage, #ridgecrestEW, #ridgecrestsouth, #riverside, #somerville, #tutwiler, or #thelofts
Prize value will be determined by category and number of students who win.